Musicians are invited to submit their music for consideration through the HUM Submission Form on The City Library's HUM website. The form is available three weeks prior to the submission deadline. It is not available any other time.
Submissions should include the following elements
- One example track from the album you’d like to submit. We prefer high-quality masters in FLAC, WAV, or AIFF formats, but we’ll also accept high bitrate Mp3, AAC, and Ogg Vorbis.
- Information about you and your music, including your connection to the local music community and recent performances.
WHEN A SUBMISSION IS ACCEPTED
Musicians that are selected will sign a license agreement and receive a one-time honorarium of $200 per album or $100 per EP for sharing their music through HUM. The agreement is non-exclusive so you can share or sell your content anywhere else you want. We are defining an album as a collection of compositions featuring a collective length of over 20 minutes or a minimum of 7 unique tracks (only needs to fulfill one of these requirements). We are defining an EP as a collection of compositions featuring a minimum length of 10 minutes or 2 unique tracks.
Here's a non-binding plain language summary to explain the most important details of our license agreement:
- make your content available for permanent download and streaming to site users
- promote your content as a part of the site
- confirm that you have the right to license all the content you are sharing, including cover songs and album art
- continue to own all the rights to the content. The agreement is non-exclusive so you can share or sell your content anywhere else you want
- can ask us to take your content off the site after two years. Just contact the Library, and SLCPL will take it down
- will be given a one-time payment for your contribution
For additional information, contact The City Library at 801-524-8200, or email Jason Rabb: firstname.lastname@example.org.